It’s no surprise that I LOVE our air fryer. Not only does it make your favorite fried foods a little healthier, but it cuts the cooking time down significantly. My sister recently tagged me in a post about making delicious hard boiled eggs in an air fryer. This got me thinking about Easter and how much I loathe the process of getting our eggs ready to dye. That’s when I had the idea! What if I use our air fryer to create the perfect Easter eggs? I’m happy to report that not only did this work, but it took just 10 minutes from start to finish.
What to Do:
1. Set your air fryer to 260 degrees.
2. Place the eggs in the basket making sure you don’t overcrowd them.
3. Cook for 10 minutes (no need to preheat).
4. After 10 minutes, remove each egg from the basket using tongs (they’ll be hot!) and run under cold water for a few seconds. Do not over soak the eggs or the shells may easily peel off.
5. Rinse off any debris that may be on the egg. If you use your fryer for food, residue from the fryer may end up on some of the shells but it comes right off!
6. Place the eggs in a bowl or on a paper towel to dry. Once they’re dry, have fun dyeing! To get really vibrant colors, use vinegar with the tablets and let your eggs soak in the color overnight.