Well it only took me two years, but I finally used my KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker. I don’t know why I was so intimated by it. If I would have known how easy it was to use, I would have made ice cream a long time ago. Speaking of easy, this recipe couldn’t be more simple and you’ll be shocked by the quality and taste of the ice cream. Everyone in my house agreed it was way better than any strawberry ice cream you can buy at the store.
What You Need:
-1 pint of strawberries
-2 tbsps honey
-1/2 cup sugar
-1 tsp fresh lemon juice
-1/2 cup half & half
-1 cup heavy whipping cream
-1 tsp vanilla
What To Do:
1. Wash the strawberries, remove the stems, and hull the inside. I find the easiest way to do this is to poke a straw directly through the middle of the strawberry and pull the hull out.
2. Chop the strawberries into very fine pieces and place them in a large bowl.
3. Add the honey, sugar, and lemon juice to the berries then give it a good stir. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. This gives the strawberries a chance to get juicy.
4. Remove the bowl from the refrigerator and smash any larger pieces with a fork. I don’t like mine too mashed as I like the taste of strawberry chunks in the ice cream.
5. Add the half & half, cream, and vanilla to the strawberry puree and mix well.
6. Follow the directions on the ice cream maker and mix for 10-20 minutes (this will depend on your model).