I used to be terrified to make any kind of Asian dish. Each time I tried the food turned out terrible and tasted nothing like the dishes at my favorite local restaurants. Turns out the problem wasn’t necessarily my cooking, I just wasn’t choosing the right recipes. After lots of trial and error however I’ve got a handful of delicious dishes including this quick and easy vegetable lo mein which is the newest one I’ve added in to the rotation.
This recipe is adapted from Savory Bites Recipes.
Quick & Easy Vegetable Lo Mein
- 8 oz Lo Mein Noodles (can also use thin spaghetti)
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 Small Vidalia Onion
- 1/4 cup Shredded Carrots
- 1/2 green pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 yellow pepper sliced into thin strips
For the Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp White Vinegar
- 4 tbsp Water
- In a large wok or skillet, heat 2 tbsp sesame oil on medium heat. Add garlic powder and ginger and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add onions and sauté until soft.
- While onions are sautéing, cook the noodles until the al dente.
- Once onions are soft, add peppers and cook until slightly crunchy.
- Mix ingredients for the sauce and add to the vegetables.
- Toss noodles in the sauce mixture and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!